Dorsey recently retired from the national professional standards group of Grant Thornton LLP. Dorsey’s roles at Grant Thornton included national leadership of the firm’s innovation function, technical accounting and audit advisor for the banking industry audit and consulting practice, and national professional practice director. Prior to joining Grant Thornton in 2002 Dorsey spent more than 25 years with Arthur Andersen in a variety of positions, most recently in Chicago as the Managing Director of their Worldwide Assurance Professional Standards Group. Before that Dorsey spent a decade in Washington DC as the firm’s Technical Director for Banking and regulatory liaison.
Professional qualifications and memberships:
- Past Co-editor of Current Issues in Auditing (an AAA Journal)
- Past Chairman of the Board: Dallas Summer Musicals
- Member of editorial board: Accounting Research Manager
- Past member of the board: National Association of Corporate Directors, North Texas Chapter
- Education: Texas A&M University BA (Physics) 1975 and an MBA in 1977